SunSmart and Network of Community Activities have partnered to promote best practice sun protection policy and practices in the Out of School Hours Care sector in NSW. A cobranded SunSmart OSHC policy has been developed which includes all of the SunSmart recommendations and also includes practical examples of ways in which the students can be empowered to take personal responsibility for their own sun protection.
Executive Officer of Network of Community Activities, Robyn Monro Miller says:
“Network of Community Activities is delighted to be partnering with Cancer Council NSW to deliver a SumSmart policy to all our Out of School Hours Care services. A key part of this policy is enabling children to take leadership roles in managing sun protection, giving them knowledge and initiatives to last a lifetime.”
- Services that join the program receive:
- A best practice sun protection policy to help your service comply with the NQF.
- Free supporting resources sent out in the free SunSmart pack.
- Ongoing information from SunSmart and Network of Community Activities.
You can become a SunSmart OSHC service in four easy steps!
- Search for your service and get sent your password to access your SunSmart account
- Seek approval from your Approved Provider Representative and Nominated Supervisor.
- Submit a copy of the approved SunSmart/Network sun protection policy
- Commit to implementing your SunSmart policy and reviewing it every three years.
When services commit to become SunSmart, they agree to renew their membership every three years. Is your SunSmart status up to date?